Monday, August 26, 2013

Hutson is 2 1/2!







I can't believe my baby boy is 2 1/2. Half way past 2, which is still so young, and 1/2 way to the 3, which I feel is so old. I wish I could press the pause button on his life and soak up every last second forever. Well... minus the occasional tantrum.

The things that come out of his mouth now blow my mind, and I can't believe how good  his memory has gotten and how he is able to express his thoughts. Music is his absolute favorite thing right now. He sings ALL THE TIME. Current favorites are "Mosquito Burrito"  by Roger Day, Alice the Camel, Lua Lua lullaby, and the ABC song. I love that he sings the songs I have sang him since birth now when I lay him down to sleep and that he asks to sing his prayers. I love his little voice at the end of saying prayers when he says Amen. I love watching him create stories while he plays and is starting to follow along to directions in a song by dancing the steps they call out. I love that he still can't jump, but LOVES trying and does the one leg up at a time. I love that when he sees my belly he goes "Baby Ellie!" and runs and gives my tummy a kiss and a hug. I love how he treats my friends babies which just reiterates what a wonderful big brother he is going to be. I love that the love I have for him still brings me to tears sometimes, and I look at him in awe that he is my child I have been entrusted to raise. I love that he still says "Snuggle Mommy" when he wants me to pick him up and carry him. I love that he still wants to snuggle sometimes. I love that I can look at him and see him, with the bonus of his beautiful blue eyes.

His personality is continuing to grow more and more, and I see such a combination of Phillip and I in him. Hutson is so kind, sympathetic, empathetic, persistent, INDEPENDENT, sometimes stubborn, mostly patient, funny, creative, mechanical, and polite. He is such a great problem solver.

At 2 1/2 he...
-weighs 27 lbs and is 34 1/2 inches
-wears 12 month shorts and 24m/2T shirts
- wears size 6 shoes
-sleeps with Lamby and Bunny in a big boy bed with a night light in his room
-sucks his thumb
-love cars, trains, and anything with wheels and buttons
-is pee pee potty trained (still poo poo's in diaper)
- is almost fully grown out of his milk allergy. Just down to soy milk!!

What a big boy I have! Please stay 2 forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment