Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Fun to be 1

February 26th. Could my little boy really be 1 already? I just can't believe it.





The celebration began when my Mom, Dad, and Nana came up on Thursday and spent the weekend at our place. It was so nice to have them around. Then Gaga, Papa, and Mary came up the night before Hutson's party and we celebrated by getting mexican.







He looks so dang big in this picture!

We told the server it was Hutson's birthday, and you know what happens at a Mexican restaurant on a birthday.




You get to wear a sombrero!

We celebrated with a Sesame Street theme. I said that if we were going to go there, then we were really going to go there. It turned out to be so cute!









For food we had pizza, goldfish (both Elmo's favorites of course), a fruit salad, vegetables with dip, mummums, dinosaur shaped grilled cheeses for the little tykes, and or course Elmo cupcakes. I wanted to keep it super simple on my end.

We were so surprised and overjoyed when Aunts Miche'le and Kim were able to make it from Chattanooga.


Family Pics




Hutson had so much fun with some of his besties and new toys!











He did miss his good friend Grayson.

Then came time for the cake.


I thought for sure that my child, who had only had one taste of ice cream in his life, would LOVE his Elmo cake. Truth was, he wanted nothing to do with it. He didn't want to touch it, and then when he finally did take a little piece to his mouth he cried.


We then tried a little cupcake thinking the big cake was overwhelming. That was a no go either, as was our second attempt the next day on his actual birthday. His dislike for sweets really does make sense though, because I wanted nothing to do with them when I was pregnant with him.



The party was an absolute blast! Thanks to everyone for making this day so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment