Thursday, July 26, 2012

Hutson's 17 months!

17 months. Really? Can we already be there? It is so hard to believe. At the same time, Hutson is so independent and such a smart little cookie. (I'm not biased or anything). It truly blows my mind that he is capable of doing so much at such a young age.



Thankfully he still loves to snuggle. And I soak up every minute of our 1/2 episode Sesame Street snuggle routine after breakfast. Although, he doesn't just love on Dada and me anymore.


Don't worry, Hutson and Veda Jane both got a stern talking to. But unfortunately their romance will fad as Veda is moving to Mobile next week.


Hutson has also made two new great friends.


He loves playing with Rivers, since she is only a month older than him and such a cutie. And, Hutson looks up so much to Garrett. He is always on his best behavior when Garrett's around. He already likes to hang with the big boys. I'm in trouble.

This month Hutson has learned to...
- Kick his feet to swim in the pool 
- Rock in my old rocking chair from my nursery when I was little (I do need to paint it, as it is still rocking a beautiful fuschia).
- Scoot down the stairs on his bottom
- Follow commands. I was so impressed at my friend Kim's wedding shower when I asked him to put the books in the basket, and he was able to navigate his way through the gifts, find the basket, and plop the books in their.
- Says the word "Saaaa" for Sam, my parents dog. He also calls his stuffed puppies that look like Sam Saaa.
- Making the sound of every type of vehicle. Train, cars, ambulance, airplanes. I get really funny looks in the parking lot at the grocery store when he is going arrrrrrrarrrrrr for the car noises, and I join in with him. 
- Clap after he does something he's proud of and wants you to clap too.
- Signs more ( sooo helpful!!)
- Signs please (but sometimes confuses this with the more sign. That's okay I'll take it)
- Does the open and close song that we do to begin library. 
 
His new fascinations...
-Fish at the zoo.
-Airplanes
-lamps


Favorite foods
- Turkey
-soy yogurt
-peas
-corn
-Watermelon
-Pineapple
- Goldfish
-arrowroot cookies or "keys" as he calls them

Stats
Diapers: Size 4
Weight:  22 lbs 4 oz in PJ's and a diaper 
Height:  31?
Shoe size: 4's about to move to 5's. His feet grew this month!
 Clothing size: Still doesn't fit into 12 month pants or shorts, so he wears 6-9 months, but wears 12- 18 month shirts and some 12-18 month shortalls
Sleeps: From 8 pm to 5:30- 7 am (yes we are back to waking up in the 5's sometimes. 
teeth: He has 16! Those canines are a pain in the tush! 
Naps: 1! Except on those days he wakes up at 5:30. We must take a morning nap on those rare days (about once a week) or neither mommy or Hutson will survive.





Hutson also loved seeing Eila again this month. He is such a good sharer, and I can't wait till this sweet 6 month old gets older so they can play together. 

Thankfully my sweet 17 month old is still cautious.


But he is so big!


 

And so cute that despite the fact that I always dress him in blue, 3 people in the last day have asked me if he's a girl. I take it as a compliment. He sure is pretty!


And I sure do love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment