Monday, July 9, 2012

Residence- Alabama

There were two things that I said I would never ever do: Marry a Dr. and live in Birmingham. Well, I can officially say that I have not followed through on either account. And to be honest, both are pretty great!

We moved to the Vestavia Hills area in Birmingham on May 31st so that Phillip could attend UAB as a resident in Endodonics (A.K.A the root canal dentist, or the dentist you actually never want to have to see). This was our 4th move in 5 years. (Phew, that just makes me exhausted thinking about it). My wonderful mother helped us move, decorate, and organize our things in no time. Phillip continued to work through June in Nashville to bring in a little mula, and every weekend consisted of traveling. So, we have really officially been in Birmingham for 2 weeks. Here are some pictures of our place. I absolutely love it!!


Here is a picture of our adorable town home! I love walking the neighborhood and seeing this English tutor style house. It makes me feel like I'm walking around Switzerland again. 


Come on in through our front/side door!


I love the open layout of this space! And the kitchen is definitely my favorite of all 4 places Phillip and I have lived!


Our living and dining room




That brown table converts into a sewing station. A great find at Walmart for only $100! I love having my own little nook that looks so cute when tucked away. 


The master bedroom. All of our furniture fits!





Master bath


An organized garage that fits a car! Woohoo!!!


Hutson/ guest bath!


The guestroom/office. This is completely the compromise room. A little spa/a little UGA/ and a place to show Phillip's accomplishments. Where is the sailfish, spoons, and dancing pictures you ask? That was another compromise. They have been tucked away for the next 2 years.


Not quite done organizing this room, but it's functional for now.


Hutson's room! 



                                 

Our side yard


I love sitting outside while Hutson plays now. He absolutely loves the playground compliments of Leslianna and Gray. And, there is a pool just steps away! Hutson is loving learning how to swim. 

Hope you enjoyed your tour! Come visit us y'all here! 

4 comments:

  1. love it alex:] maybe we can come visit sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We would love to have you visit! You are always welcome!

      Delete
  2. What a great house, Alex! Next time you come to Nashville you will have to get a playdate together! Miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great! I love the openness on the inside and the backyard! It is so big! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete